Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More School Frustration

Last week I wrote about some of the frustrations I'm having with Cameron's school. I mentioned that he got lost, but I didn't mention that he was in a 2nd/3rd grade class when they found him. Now how did that happen? So far he's gotten lost 3 times. The second time, he got "yelled at" because the teacher thought he ran off. The third time, he says he found his way back before the teacher noticed. I talked to the teacher about it and mentioned that he said he got in trouble. She didn't confirm, but she also didn't deny.

On Wednesdays, they get out of school at 12:10. Last week when I got there at 12:10, they were headed to lunch and told me that if I wanted him to eat there, then to come back at 12:30. Ooookaaay? So today, what time do you think I went to the school? That's right, 12:30. Guess where he was. Guess. Not at the lunch tables. Try at the office because I was "late" picking him up. The office lady told me that they now eat lunch earlier so they can be ready to go home at 12:10. I said, "They really need to send home notes when they change things. We are not psychic. They need to communicate with the parents better." She agreed, probably just blowing smoke.

On the walk home Cameron told me that a girl in his class got sick and threw up and some of it got on his back. I looked at his shirt and sure enough, dried vomit down the right side of his back. Eeeeeeewwwww! What is wrong with these people? How can they just let a kid walk around with vomit drying on his shirt? Do they not have eyes? I know they have eyes, but do they not care? Are they not paying any attention at all? It's not like he didn't have a shirt to change into. They told us to pack a large ziplock with extra clothes in their backpack everyday. And we do. So what's the deal?

3 comments:

Andy said...

You know how Buffy's school was on the Hellmouth, right? And it burned down at the end of season 3? Did they rebuild an elementary school on the same site? Wow, that's impressive.

Heidi Noel said...

Um, ever consider home school? Not usually a big fan, having done it myself, but there are obviously some circumstances...

Cheryl said...

I've actually been thinking about home schooling him while we are still here. But, I wasn't good at it before and I don't think I would do a very good job of it now. We'll see how it goes.