Friday, September 18, 2009

How Many Cups of Sugar Does it Take to Get to The Moon?

Bonus points if you know what movie my title is from.

Do you ever say crazy stuff when you're asleep? I don't know if I do. No one is ever awake when I'm trying to sleep. Usually Chris goes to bed way before me. He gets up super early so usually he's pretty beat when he gets home in the evening. Around 8:30, he could get to bed and not think twice about it. Me, not so much. I stay awake usually till 10 or 11, sometimes 2, 3, 4 in the morning. Otherwise I just lay there in bed and stare at the ceiling, then stare at the wall. Close my eyes and try to sleep. Next thing I know, I'm staring at the ceiling again. Chris will be on his side of the bed just snoozing away.

Sometimes, when I climb into bed and Chris has already fallen asleep, he wakes up and starts talking. Sometimes it's coherent like, "Hey, I forgot to tell you that I have late-stay tomorrow so I won't be home till later." Or, "Did you remember to throw my uniform in the dryer?" And we'll have a teeny tiny conversation before he goes back to sleep and I stare at the wall.

Sometimes he talks crazy like, "Hey. Where'd the....where'd the....ummm.....where'd the hotel go?" And I smile because he's on vacation and I wish I were too. Last night when I went into the bedroom after he'd been asleep for an hour, the conversation went like this:

Chris: (excited) Hey!
Me: Hey!
Chris: (something inaudible, then) on the neon bench!
Me: What?
Chris: On the neon bench!
Me: On the neon bench?
Chris: Yeah.
Me: Um, I'm gonna go brush my teeth now.

Question: What's a neon bench? I want to see one. And I really want to know what the first part of the sentence was.

4 comments:

Chris said...

LOL my butt off! I have tears! wish I remembered it, that was funny :)

Chris said...

Goofy Movie

Andy said...

I know it's Goofy who says it. Is it from A Goofy Movie?

Cheryl said...

Yes, it's from A Goofy Movie. One of our favorites.