Monday, May 4, 2009

Here I Am.

Sorry about the lack of updates. My computer is a dinosaur and likes to lock up quite often. So, I kinda stopped trying. It's been two weeks since TV free week and I'm sure no one is really interested, so I'm just gonna throw it all together in one post and be done with it. When we do TV free week again in September, I will do better with posting. All of these pics and museums were on Tuesday.

We went to Balboa park and enjoyed the Japanese Friendship Garden, which was the favorite for Cameron and Gabriel because of the giant fish.


Enjoyed some very overpriced non-water....


We went to the Mingei International Museum...


Museum of Man....


All worn out...


Success!...


We also planted a few flowers, chalked the patio, blew bubbles, played with glue and fuzzy stuff and pipe cleaners, played with water, colored with markers on a felt poster, tattooed Cameron and Gabriel, water balloons, water guns and allot of other stuff that I can't remember.
So really, we had a ton of fun without screens. The little guys were worn out every day. They went to sleep at a decent time and the rest of us were able to have some time in the evenings without them wanting something every two minutes. We made it to Wednesday without turning on the TV. Wednesday night, I really wanted to see who got voted off of the Adam Lambert Show, AKA American Idol. So we watched the Tuesday night show that we had on DVR and then watched the Wednesday night show live. Then the TV was off again till Friday night.

We never made it to the tide pools. When I turned on the computer Wednesday night, it wouldn't load the tide charts, so I didn't know when low tide was.

We've been back to Balboa park 2 times since then. I'm glad we did the TV free week and am looking forward to doing it again. We had lots of fun.

1 comment:

Andy said...

The museum of man looks interesting. I really kind of enjoyed out TV free week too, though we cheated 'cause I needed the computer for school and while it was on we snuck a peek at blogs and the like. Cold turkey's very impressive.