Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Quiet Sunday

We sat in church with Mitt Romney and his wife last Sunday. Neener neener! Just wanted to throw that in because, well, it was kinda neat to see him in person just doing normal people stuff. No talking, no speeching, just worshipping. He's just a person.


Later we went to the Spreckles Organ Pavillion. Sunday is the only day it is open. It is one of the world's largest outdoor pipe organs. It has 4530 pipes; the smallest is the size of an average pinkie finger and the largest is 32 feet. That's what they said when we were there anyway. I didn't think I would like the music; I just wanted to see the pipes. But WOW! I never, never, never imagined the work that it takes to play this instrument. The organist looked like she was dancing in her seat. Her feet were moving all over the place. I just never knew. I actually never cared to know. I now have a huge appreciation for anyone who says they play the organ. Wow...kudos to them. I still wouldn't want to sit through a full concert of organ music though. If you're interested in seeing and hearing the San Diego Spreckels Organ, click here and click the bottom arrow on the screen that opens. The Spreckels is the second to last, titled Sabre Dance San Diego. And two up from that is another one where you can see the footwork, titled Pedal Solo San Diego. It's really cool. To me anyway. Here's my pics of it...


Oh yeah, forgot to mention. This concert was a benefit concert for San Diego Humane Society. there were many many dogs there. See?


We then enjoyed a walk through the Botanical Garden. Pretty dang neat. There was a plant there that smelled just like Girl Scout Thin Mints. Really, no lie. Did you know there was such a thing? I didn't, but here it is.....

They're just sooooo enthusiastic aren't they?


Chris's pics.




1 comment:

christa said...

That is cool about Romney. I bet things would be alot better if he were our president instead of the crowd pleaser we have in there now.