Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FAIL!

Well, we didn't make it a week without the TV. And I've been trying to post since Friday when the computer came back on. Unfortunately, our computer somehow picked up 9 viruses while it was turned off. NINE! I don't understand it at all. Supposedly all the viruses are quarantined now, but my computer keeps locking up, and this annoying box keeps popping up in the middle of the screen. It's pretty frustrating. I can now do a pretty good impression of Rainman as I rock back and forth in the chair saying, "We're going Mac next. Definitely, definitely, we're going Mac, we're going Mac." Anywho, I have lots to post and not enough time to post it at one time, so I'm gonna split it up. I hope I can remember it all. Well......

The whining started Monday morning when Cameron wanted to watch one of his favorite movies, I Am Legend. We told him the TV wasn't coming on and he took it as the TV was broken and asked if we could call Joe, the TV repairman from Imagination Movers. When I informed him that Joe was only on TV, he got quiet and seemed to be thinking pretty hard. After a couple of minutes he looked up at me and exclaimed, "I KNOW! We can go to Anneke's house and watch it!" After I composed myself because, hey that was funny, I had to then inform him that Anneke lives in Las Vegas and that's way too far away and that she probably doesn't want to watch I Am Legend anyway. He was pretty bummed about that. Oh well. So then I cheered him up by breaking out the Bendaroos that he has been bugging me to buy. I found them at Toys R Us for the same price as on TV with no shipping and no waiting. Let me tell you. These things were totally worth it. I will be buying them again. My kids sat and played quietly for about 4 hours, no lie. Cameron made some bugs and Prince Edward from Enchanted, and a ton of other things. Gabriel made hubcaps for his chunky Tonka car. But these things are not "no mess" as they say on the commercial. They are basically candle wicks and leave a waxy residue. No big deal to clean up, just some elbow grease, still worth it though. Here's the pics I got for Monday.


Bendaroo Prince Edward.
Prince Edward.
Ladybug cockroach

1 comment:

Andy said...

That's great. Both the pics and the fact that Cameron wants to hang out with Anneke (or at least use our TV). Any time, any time.