Monday, August 10, 2009

Fish

OK, I'm posting again today. You can't get enough of me, I know.

Emily's fish died today. His name was...Fish. He's been around for a while now. Two years. He was a very good fish. He liked to play around and joke with us. There were a couple of times when he would play hide and we would seek. Usually he'd be on the floor somewhere. Apparently he could hold his breath for a while, or maybe he could just breathe when he was out of water. I dunno, but he liked messing with us like that. He used to follow our fingers as we would drag them on the outside of his bowl. And he joked with us a few times about being dead. He would float on his side and we would gasp and say, "Oh no, Fish is dead." But then he would start moving his fins and swimming around. Surely he was laughing at us. "Ha ha ha! Gotcha again!"

Oh, he was a hoot. Bye bye Fish.

1 comment:

Daddy said...

Come on, we can't catch a break!
My Sisters Keeper, now this...
I need to do some breathing exercises :), I hope Emily's doing O.K. I know that Fish was a fighter and wouldn't have wanted to see Emily upset. My prayers will be with Fish.
Stay Strong Emily, Stay Strong
Love,
Your Dad