Monday, August 3, 2009

Burning the Bridge Behind Me...234

Two more pounds gone. Whoop! I didn't get to do too much this past week due to my leg. I have an appointment tomorrow with my Family Practice doctor to hopefully get a referral to Orthopedics. I can't believe I lost any weight at all this past week. I practically inhaled a ton of chocolate on Friday and Saturday. CVS was having a pretty good sale on movie theater boxes of candy and if you bought $15 worth, you got $5 back in CVS bucks. So you know I bought $15 worth. The intention was to have it on hand when we have our Avatar marathon, in which we veg out in front of the TV for a full weekend until we finish the last season (book 3) of Avatar that we have on DVR. Well, the candy is gone and we haven't even started the last season. Hey, I didn't eat it all myself. I'll do better this week though as far as food goes; we've stocked the fridge with lots of fruits and veggies to snack on. I'm gonna do my best to only eat junk food on one day this week. Probably Saturday.

I emailed Jonathan Roche about my leg. I really like this guy allot. I joined his program in October 2007. At the time the wildfires were blazing. He saw that I signed up from San Diego and emailed me and said he was praying for me and my family and hoped that we were safe. I sat back in my computer chair with my jaw hanging. I was thinking, I'm just another customer for this guy, he's never met me, never spoken to me, and here he is writing me a very sweet email. I knew then that he was going to do good things. Anyway, I emailed him to ask him about me not getting up to my heart rate by just walking, that I had to jog to get there because otherwise my leg hurt. He emailed me back and told me to see my doctor about my leg, stop jogging, start using an elliptical machine if I can, and start nailing my nutrition. So, that's what I'm doing. I went Saturday with Chris to the base gym and used the elliptical machine. After 30 minutes, I still had no serious pain in my leg, and I felt like I got a really good workout. So, I think this is going to work. Yay!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Congrats. This means you are by far head and shoulders above me in getting where you want to go (get it . . . 'cause I'm physically taller than you . . . it's a joke . . . ah, never mind!).
Seriously, it sounds like your trainer-guy is awesome. Go, Cheryl!