Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Random!

Wow, it seems like it's been half of forever since I posted last. What can I tell you to catch you up? Let's see...hmmm...Well, Emily killed the Language Arts portion of the California High School Exit Exam. She did OK on the math portion, but really scored high on the Language Arts portion. Her teacher is very impressed. Emily should be done with high school around January/ February. Yay!

Chris was due to leave in October for a year to Africa. He got out of that...whew! Then he took orders to Connecticut pending approval for back to back shore duty. His detailer took so long to get back to him with the approval, that we started thinking that maybe it wasn't approved. So then Chris started thinking that he really REALLY wants to retire from the military. He had two weeks to let that idea just mull around in his head. So now he's retiring. Eighteen more months and we are done with the Navy. You are all invited to the retirement ceremony. Seriously.

I got a little more serious about a fitness challenge I've been a part of for the last few weeks. I had a crazy addiction to those stupid 42 ounce sodas from McDonald's. I was having anywhere from 1-3 a day. Crazy! I kept telling myself that tomorrow I will not have one, I will quit. Everyday the same thing. For months. I tried to just slow down and have a couple a week. That worked for about 8 hours. I decided I just had to go cold turkey. And I did. I went through several days of caffeine headaches, but I made it. Addiction broken. I feel so much better. I also started trying to fit a little more movement into my days, making a real effort to get out and exercise. I've lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks. Not bad.

Hmm, what else? I had plenty to say but now that I'm actually typing, duuuuhh.

Our garden is sad. Very sad. Our lettuce, sun flowers and chives are growing great. But our bell peppers, okra, and watermelon not so much. It would probably help if we knew what was what, but we don't. See after we planted the seeds ages ago, our sweet little Cameron got in there with a hoe and mixed it all up helped us. Hey, I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. Someone else was letting him do whatever he wanted watching him. Anyway, it's been fun trying to figure out what is what. We call it the mystery garden. Last weekend we transplanted the sunflowers to a different part of the yard because they were shading the rest of the plants too much. Watch them turn out to be peppers or okra. We shall see.

Well, since I can't think of any other random stuff to tell you, I'm gonna skedaddle.

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

So, is that 18 more months in San Diego, or will you be moving on anyway? What will your hubby be doing after he retires? He will retire before Andy gets his PhD so if you stay put we may get to see you more. YEA! (for us but maybe not you.)

christa said...

Wow. That is great news. Have ya'll decided where you are going to move to? I know that is going to be a hard decision. I am so proud of Emily. How old is Emily now anyway? She will be graduating early right?
I think I told you but Lori graduated and will be heading to Texas Tech to start school in August. That makes me feel old....oh wait we are getting old...shhhh! We are super proud of her too. Lacey will be a sophmore and Christian will be in 7th grade this year. I can't believe how time flies. I messaged Amanda today on myspace. I am so thrilled that she is sticking to her goals. I know that you must be proud.