Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Burning the Bridge Behind Me...237


For so long I have been trying to lose weight and get fit. You know what? I haven't been trying hard enough. So here goes; I'm putting myself out there now. You are now going to be the people I am accountable to. I've tried and tried to do it on my own. I know what I should be doing; I just don't do it consistently. And consistency is the key. I know if I am going to report to someone on a weekly basis, I will do better. So here I am. You may not want to be a part of this, you may not care. If you don't want to read it, skip the 'Burning the Bridge Behind Me' posts on Mondays. (Yes, I know, today is not Monday-I meant to do this yesterday). The number, 237 for now, is my current weight.

I have been listening to a certain radio show since October 2007. The host is pretty tough love without making the people feel bad about themselves. People who need support or motivation for getting fit call in to his show and he talks with them and helps them think through their roadblocks, which he calls speed bumps. There are so many people who call in that are in worse shape than me. If anyone has excuses not to workout, it is them. I have two functioning arms and legs. There are people who call who are confined to wheelchairs or scooters. People with congestive heart failure. People who call in using an interpreter because they can't speak or hear. A person with one arm. A person who only has function of one foot right now. One lady was run over by two axles of a semi-truck. And they are all doing what they can. What is my excuse? I have none. I have to get up and get moving and treat this one body that I have been given like it is a gift, a treasure. Because that is what it is. And it is temporary. Right now, while I am still relatively young, my body can climb mountains, swim in oceans, walk great distances, dance with my husband, run and play with my children, etc. And hopefully someday my grand children. All if I will let it. I'm done sitting on the bench. I will be healthy. Watch me.

1 comment:

Andy said...

You go! I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts.