Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Burning the Bridge Behind Me...236

Oops, it's Tuesday again. I didn't get to post yesterday. I was pretty busy. The day started off with Cameron vomiting on my bedroom floor. On the new carpet we just had installed in March. Grr. Anyway, he's all better now. Don't know what it was, but it doesn't seem to be contagious.

As you can see, I didn't do very good since last Monday. I got two interval workouts in. Hey, better than nothing, right? During the intervals I keep my heart rate at 117 at the lowest, and 147 at the highest. I'm trying to just walk it, and I can get my heart up to 147 with fast walking, but it feels like my muscle in my left leg is about to bust out. But when I jog it doesn't hurt near as bad. What's up with that? I'm afraid it may be Compartment Syndrome. I'm not looking forward to the testing. When I had it in my right leg, they punched a gauge of some sort through my fascia to read the pressure. They can only numb the outside of the leg, not the fascia, so that friggin hurt. Then they made me walk a quarter mile at a fast pace. My leg felt like concrete. Then they punched the gauge through the fascia again to see how high the pressure was. A few days later I was in surgery. Down for a week, and on crutches for 6 weeks and it took YEARS for me to regain feeling in that leg. Can you imagine walking, running or doing anything on a leg that feels like it's asleep from the knee to the foot all the time? It sucks. I still have alternating numbness and then pins and needles around the surgery sites. (2 sites) So yeah, I'm not looking forward to this at all. But I know I need to get serious about it because I really want to take part in a specific event in May. I need to be up to par by then.

Well, that's how my fitness journey is going right now. I will report on it again on Monday, hopefully with better results.

No comments: