Monday, June 28, 2010

8/21/09

I have another blog. A secret blog that only I have access to. When I have deep thoughts that I don't feel like sharing with others, that's where I go. I can type out the things that bother me. Sometimes I feel better. Sometimes the things I write stay with me for a while, popping into my mind often.

Last year Jonathan Roche sent out an email to his followers telling us to think about what we would do if we found out we only had 6 months to live. I thought about it...a lot. I cried. I couldn't, and still can't imagine being given that kind of news. This past week, with the sad news our family has received regarding our dear sweet Sue (Mom's sister) having limited time left, I have been thinking on it again.

I've decided to share with you what I wrote in my secret blog back on August 21, 2009. It's nothing spectacular, just my own thoughts at the time. And I guess goals that I need to get cracking on before my time runs out suddenly. Here it is...copied and pasted..
*******************
Six Months To Live
What would I do if today I found out I only have six months to live? I'd spend a few hours crying and regretting all that I've messed up. Then I would do everything in my power to spend more time with my kids. I'd take many many pictures with each child. I'd go to Texas and spend time with my family there. I'd figure out a way to see the stars from the ocean and the Northern Lights. I'd maybe pick up the french horn again. If I had the strength, I'd take dance lessons, then find a formal event and go dancing with my husband. Shoot, I'd dance with my kids too. I'd take my kids to the beach more. I'd read to them more. I'd hug them longer and more often. I'd find a way to see the broadway production of Les Miserables again, and this time I'd take my kids. Emily and I would complete her dress that we started months ago, and hopefully it will still be her size. I'd sort through the tons of pictures we have in boxes and finally organize them.
Posted by Cheryl at 11:50 AM
********************
So, that's that. Something to think on. Maybe I should print this out and tape it to my mirror so I can see it every day. My (Our) time is limited...I (we) have to stop being afraid to do things. Tick, tock, tick, tock.

No comments: